Wednesday 6 July 2011

Second Hand Goodies!!

I recently discovered the joy of shopping at a charity shop. I had never been in one before. I am the kind of person that will wear my clothes until they are too stretched or discoloured to wear any longer; and giving them to a charity shop for someone else to wear is just insulting. Usually the thought of wearing someone else’s clothes doesn’t appeal to me but I found some great items! I don’t know if it made a difference that the charity shop I went to was in Chelsea where the residents are usually not short of money. The clothes looked almost new. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were worn only a couple of times before they were considered “so last season” and passed along. But I am only too grateful to these faceless Chelsea ladies who chose to donate their clothes, as I picked up 5 items of clothing for under 20 pounds!!!!!!! I found tops that were less than half the price they would have been in the store! A Dorothy Perkins dress for £6, Miss Selfridge blouse for £2.50 and a Kookai top for only £3. My hubby even found himself a GAP satchel. I walked out that shop not quite believing it. I never buy branded clothes out of principal; they really shouldn’t be allowed to sell clothes for £50 just because of a tiny label sewn on the inside. But I certainly don’t mind buying it for only £3; my principals go out the window with a bargain like that! I definitely think charity shops are the way forward!
Miss Selfridge

Kookai

Dorothy Perkins


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...