Sunday 9 October 2011

The 8:22 train stalker

I quite enjoy my morning commute into work. The train is a civilized way to travel and, being a reverse commuter, it’s much quieter. It's a lot nicer than a bus and you don't spend the morning crammed up against a strangers back, arm, chest or face like you do in the tube. I get a lovely window seat where I can watch the scenery, and catch up on some reading.
However, my mornings were ruined by a stalker on my 8:22 train. You can fairly expect that people are creatures of habit and usually sit in the same carriage, in roughly the same seat. So seeing the same few people every morning was no strange thing. Although when this man who sat diagonally to me every morning started staring just a little bit, I began to get perturbed. But not one to blow my own trumpet announcing that I am so wonderful that even strangers are infatuated with me; I decided to test it out, and then I could safely announce that Yes! I am so wonderful that even strangers are infatuated with me! I went in different carriages, walked the opposite direction to where I usually went, changed my mind at the last minute just before boarding and walked down the platform to another carriage door. No matter where I sat, I could 100% guarantee where this man would sit. I wanted to say to him, “Excuse me you weird little man, but I do not really want to be stalked at this moment in time; because a) it’s quite creepy and b) you’re a freak, so please leave me alone!”
I’ve had to start walking to the other side of the platform to get on  the very front of the train to avoid him; which isn’t so bad….it’s even quieter than the rest of the train because no one else could be bothered to walk that far! I have thankfully been stalker free for an entire week now, and hope to remain that way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...