Sunday 4 September 2011

Goodbye Summer

Autumn is sneaking up on us. I can’t say I’m too upset by this as I loved London in winter; and am hoping it will snow again this year! Might I be the only person with this wish?
However, yesterday was a positively balmy 24 degrees and most of England was taking advantage of the last days of summer. We went across the road to Clapham Common which was brimful with happy sun worshipers. There were the young families, the group of ladies doing a team building exercise with the well built ‘trainer’, the lads playing cricket with their tops off trying to impress the group of girls close by, the group of girls totally oblivious to the young men as they were caught up in girly natter, and my hubby and me with a bottle of wine and our books; secretly people watching instead of reading. It was a lovely day; although I feel we really must invest in a picnic blanket as rocking up to the park with my bright pink bath towel just looks uncool…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...