Saturday 14 May 2011

Addicted

My laptop is in for repairs. It’s the first computer that I have ever owned. My husband and I used to share one, but I always thought of it as “his” computer. I would hop on every now and again to quickly do something; but he was the one who could spend hours at a time on it.
I grew to hate this keyboarded mistress that was taking his attention away. I would poke and prod his face until, exasperated by the facial assault, he would concede and give me his undying attention. Please don’t misunderstand, I am not a neglected wife; I just like his undying attention.
The only problem is I am now the one that is totally addicted to my laptop. I am consumed by the endless options of the World Wide Web. Any question I have ever had is answered instantaneously by a simple Google search. I am now the one who has a keyboarded mistress; staying up till 12:30am, staring at an illuminated screen through puffy sleep deprived eyes.
My husband doesn’t seem to mind my new found preoccupation. He hasn’t said a word indicating any distress about my lack of spousal attention. In fact, I think he likes the peace and quiet. I think his face is enjoying not being poked if nothing else.
I miss my laptop……..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...